Hotjar is the only all in one and unlimited analytics and feedback solution
We are an All in One Tool
Hotjar is the only tool to truly combine analytics with feedback. This allows Hotjar to connect the dots between these two areas enabling you to understand WHY your visitors behave the way they do.
Hotjar is also unique in the way it approaches data collection and pricing. Hotjar’s competitors in the Analysis field automatically collect data from all visitors and all pages of a site and then charge their customers based on the number of total visitors to the site. This always-on approach to collecting and storing data makes it very expensive to reveal specific opportunities and insights.
Instead, Hotjar offers simple, affordable plans with unlimited insights. This is achieved by doing two things:
- Hotjar only collects data from a sample of visitors on a site. A proprietary sampling engine distributes this sampling evenly over the course of a day.
- Instead of collecting data from all pages, Hotjar takes an On-demand report approach. Users can generate an unlimited amount of snapshot reports on an unlimited number of pages.
This makes Hotjar ideal for fast moving and lean organizations since it allows for rapid changes and followup snapshot reports. Hotjar also allows its users to have unlimited sites and users – making it extremely affordable and valuable.
How is Hotjar different to Google Analytics?
Hotjar is not an alternative to Google Analytics. In fact, Hotjar should ideally be used together with a web analytics solution.
While web analytics software tools like Google Analytics will give you data about the pages your users are visiting (for example, which page has the highest bounce rate or conversion rate), they will not show you how your visitors are really using the pages themselves.
With Hotjar, you can understand your web and mobile site visitors by seeing how they interact with your pages and by understanding why they behave the way they do. This allows you to quickly identify opportunities for improvement and growth.
Google Analytics reports that your homepage has a very high bounce rate. Hotjar will tell you exactly why that is happening, using Heatmaps, Recordings, and Polls, allowing you to make the changes needed to decrease bounce rate.
Here are just a few examples of how you can use Hotjar:
- Compare taps and clicks before & after tweaks.
- Remove or rethink ignored content.
- Align page copy to the same words used by your visitors in their feedback.
- See which type of imagery works best.
- Know whether your CTAs are attracting attention.
- Ask customers what made them nearly not convert.
- Translate common feedback comments into FAQs.
- Give your clients or boss proof of what works or not.
- Challenge internal misconceptions & 'best practices'.
- Overhaul Forms to generate more leads.
- Restructure layout based on visitors' objections.
- Test what content works best above the fold.
- Understand why test pages do not beat the control.
- Discover how visitors react to longer or shorter pages.
- Learn what content to move higher or lower on the page.
- Uncover distracting elements that you should remove.
- Filter out noise from unqualified user tests.
- Speak directly to visitors before they leave the page.
- Prioritize where to test first by identifying big opportunities.
- Identify what new content you need to add to the page.
- Confirm your hypothesis before creating new elements.
- Generate new A/B test ideas.
- Collect valuable testimonials from customers.
- Improve your UX on different screen resolutions.