The HubSpot integration is only built for Survey responses in the CRM.
If you want to do A/B testing with your HubSpot CMS pages, then check out our article on Monitoring A/B testing using Events!
Our HubSpot integration allows HubSpot CRM users to automatically have Hotjar Survey responses appear in their contact timeline. In order to use this integration, you will need:
- An active HubSpot CRM and Hotjar account with a site using a Business or Scale plan.
- The HubSpot Tracking Code and Hotjar Tracking Code need to be installed on the site.
- An active Hotjar On-site Survey (Popover or Full screen). Link Surveys are not supported.
Activating the HubSpot integration
Go to the Hotjar integrations page.
Select the site where you want to activate the integration in the drop-down menu.
Click the HubSpot option and Connect With HubSpot button.
Login to HubSpot (if needed) and click the Choose Account button on your Hotjar account.
Click the Grant Access button.
This will allow Hotjar to post events to HubSpot as they occur. You will now be returned to the Hotjar interface. At this point, your HubSpot integration should show as active.
Verifying that the Integration Works
To verify that the integration is working properly, we suggest following the steps to create a new On-site Survey and submit a Survey response yourself.
The following steps will only work if your user is already in your contacts list
If they aren't, you can add a HubSpot form to your site and fill in the details to automatically add yourself to your HubSpot contacts list.
Create a Survey in Hotjar.
Visit the page where the On-site Survey is set to display and respond to the Survey.
Find the contact in HubSpot and view their timeline.
Click the Filter timeline button and check Hotjar in the list that appears.
The Survey response should now appear in the HubSpot timeline.
Please keep in mind the following limitations:
- The Contact must exist in HubSpot before the Survey response is sent, in order for Hotjar to attach the Survey response to the Contact.
- The Contact must have been tracked by HubSpot at the same domain where the Hotjar On-site Survey is loaded. This means that if a Contact is added to HubSpot manually or via a HubSpot form on another domain, the Hotjar Survey response will not be attached to the Contact.
- Link Surveys can't be tracked with the HubSpot integration.
- If the Contact answers a Survey response from different a different device, browser, or cleared their cookies, we may not be able to link the same Contact with their Survey response.
- This integration does not support User Attributes, so attributes that are associated with a survey response will not be sent to HubSpot.
Removing Hotjar from HubSpot
To disconnect Hotjar from your HubSpot account:
- In your HubSpot account, click the Marketplace icon marketplace in the main navigation bar. Under Manage, select Connected apps.
- Click Actions on the Hotjar app, then click Uninstall.
- In the dialog box, type “uninstall” in the text field and click Uninstall.
- In Hotjar, navigate to your Integrations page and select the "Disconnect HubSpot integration" button