Go to hotjar.com to copy the Tracking Code from the Hotjar admin
Log into your Weebly Admin Dashboard.
From the top navigation bar click Settings.
From the left Panel click on SEO.
Paste the Hotjar Tracking Code.
The Hotjar Tracking Code (including the <script> tags) should go in the Header Code text area, making sure you don't replace or remove any other code you already have there.
Publish your site.
Your Hotjar Tracking Code is now installed.
Once you have added the Hotjar Tracking Code to your site, you will need to wait a few minutes for Hotjar to check if it is installed correctly. This usually happens the moment your site is loaded with the Hotjar Tracking Code on it - you can visit the page yourself to speed the process up. Once Hotjar has detected the Tracking Code on your site, the Site Dashboard will show a notice like the one below:
Keep Tracking Code in mind when making design changes
If after you install the Tracking Code, your website undergoes a major design change check to ensure your Tracking Code is still installed.
Once your Tracking Code is installed
You can start using any of Hotjar's 8 features: Heatmaps, Recordings, Forms, Funnels, Polls, Surveys, Recruiters and Incoming Feedback. Have a look at the guides below to get started.
- Creating Your First Heatmap Report
- How to Start Recordings
- Creating Your First Form Report
- Creating Your First Funnel Report
- Creating Your First Poll
- Creating Your First Survey
- Creating Your First Recruiters Widget
- Starting to use Incoming Feedback
- Add users to your Organization.
- Add Sites to your Organization.
- Discover the difference between Accounts, Organizations, and Sites.
- Use Hotjar for your clients.