Hotjar allows you to set how persistent a Poll, Survey or Recruiter widget should be to visitors.
The Persistence Behavior options are available under step 5 - Behavior.
Widget Trigger options include:
- Immediately after the page loads.
Once your site is fully loaded and the Hotjar Tracking Code has been triggered, the Feedback widget will show.
- After a delay of x seconds.
Visitor will need to remain within the same URL for the length of the delay in order for the widget to be triggered.
- When a user is about to abandon the page on a desktop device.
Abandonment widgets only work for Desktop devices. They are triggered when the mouse moves towards the "X"/exit button in the top corner of the browser.
- When user scrolls halfway down the page.
Once the visitors reaches 50% down your page, the widget will be triggered.
Widget Behavior options include:
- Until they submit a response.
This is the default option. The widget will show to the targeted visitors until they submit a response (or collapse it).
- Only once, even if they did not respond.
This option will make a widget only show once for every visitor.
- Over and over, even if they submit a response.
This option allows you to show the same widget multiple times to the same visitor if they fit the targeting parameters you define.