Admins can exclude visitors, such as people in your office, from being tracked by specific Hotjar tools. This is achieved by means of the IP Blocking list.
IP Blocking only affects the following items:
- Recordings - any visitors on the list will not be recorded
- Form Abandonment - visitors on the list who abandon the form at any time before submission will not be counted in Form analysis
- Heatmaps - any visitors on the list will not have their activity included on the Heatmap
Only IPv4 addresses can be entered at this time. We are unable to support IPv6 or dynamic IP addresses.
You can add IPs in the following format:
- Simple: A single IP address, such as 192.168.0.1
- Regular Expression: The field allows you to add a Regular Expression value to target multiple IPs, such as ranges. Learn more about Using Regular Expressions to Block Multiple IPs.
Adding IPs to be Blocked