Admins can exclude visitors, such as people in your office, from being tracked by specific Hotjar tools. IP Blocking only affects the following tools:
- Recordings - any visitors on the list will not be recorded
- Form Abandonment - visitors on the list who abandon the form at any time before submission will not be counted in Form analysis
- Heatmaps - any visitors on the list will not have their activity included on the Heatmap
Only IPv4 addresses can be entered at this time. We are unable to support IPv6 or dynamic IP addresses.
Within the Settings menu, go to IP Blocking.
Add the name of IP address and enter the IP in the field.
IPs can be added in the following format:
- Simple: A single IP address, such as 192.168.0.1
- Regular Expression: The field allows you to add a Regular Expression value to target multiple IPs, such as ranges. Learn more about How to Use Regular Expressions to Block Multiple IPs.
Click Add IP.
The IP addresses added into IP Blocking should stop collecting data for Recordings, Heatmaps and Forms immediately.