To create your first Poll click on NEW POLL from the Polls page.
Then follow the steps below:
Give your Poll a Name
Giving your Poll a descriptive name will help you to be able to identify it easily.
This name is not seen by your visitors.
Select Page Targeting
In this section you will be able to:
- Select on which device types the Poll should appear.
- Choose on which pages the Poll should appear. For more information, read our Page Targeting article and guide on how to Exclude Pages from being targeted.
- Set how many visitors should see this Poll as a % of your total visitors.
Add your Questions
In this step, you set up the questions you want to ask your website visitors. Your new Poll has two questions by default. The first one blank and ready for you to fill in depending on the type of question you want to ask (including Net Promoter Score, NPS). The second asks the visitor if they’d like a response to their question.
You can also:
- Easily add, delete, modify and re-order questions as needed.
- See a preview of how your Poll will show and work – you can use it to test out the experience before you activate the Poll.
- Drag and drop questions from the Question Bank to help you get started. These pre-defined questions are an easy way to get quickly set up.
- Add a Thank You message shown to visitors when they complete the Poll.
Modify Poll Appearance
In this section, you will be able to modify your Poll's language (which is used to translate actions within the Poll), its position on your page, background color as well as hide the Hotjar branding (available on BUSINESS plans only).
Determine Poll Behavior
From this section you will be able to:
- Set when the Poll should launch on the page. For more information, read our Behavior Triggers Explained article;
- Set how persistent the Poll should be. For more information, read our Persistence Behavior Explained article.
Create your Poll
Set the Poll status (which you can modify later) and create/save your Poll by clicking Create Poll.
Once you save your Poll, it will appear in your Polls list. From here, you can set a Poll to Active or Inactive, view responses, edit your Poll, create a copy of it or delete it.
Check out our Troubleshooting Widgets article if you encounter any issues.
There are multiple question types to choose from for your Poll. To add a question click any of the Add question links available in the Questions section.
Long text answer
Short text answer
Net Promoter Score
Check out our Troubleshooting FAQs for Feedback Widgets article if you encounter any problems.