To create your first Poll click on NEW POLL from the Polls page.
Give your Poll a Name.
Giving your Poll a descriptive name will help you to be able to identify it easily. This name is not seen by your visitors.
Select Page Targeting.
In this section you will be able to:
- Select on which device types the Poll should appear.
- Choose on which pages the Poll should appear. For more information, read our Page Targeting for Feedback Tools article and guide on how to Exclude Pages from being targeted.
- Set how many visitors should see this Poll as a percentage of your total visitors (Plus plan feature).
Add your Questions.
This step allows you to set up the questions you want to ask your website visitors. Your new Poll has two questions by default.
The first one blank and ready for you to fill in depending on the type of question you want to ask , including Net Promoter Score® (NPS). The second asks the visitor if they’d like a response to their question.
You can also:
- Easily add, delete, modify and re-order questions as needed.
- See a preview of how your Poll will show and work – you can use it to test out the experience before you activate the Poll.
- Drag and drop questions from the Question Bank to help you get started. These pre-defined questions are an easy way to get quickly set up.
- Add a Thank You message shown to visitors when they complete the Poll.
Mandatory questions are not possible at this time
Modify Poll Appearance.
In this section, you will be able to modify your Poll's language, its position on your page, background color as well as hide the Hotjar branding (available on Business plans only).
Determine Poll Behavior.
From this section you will be able to:
- Set when the Poll should launch on the page. For more information, read our Behavior Triggers Explained article;
- Set how persistent the Poll should be. For more information, read our Persistence Behavior Explained article.
Set the Poll status to Active and save your Poll by clicking Create Poll.
Once you save your Poll, it will appear in your Polls list. From here, you can set a Poll to Active or Inactive, view responses, edit your Poll, create a copy of it or delete it.
After Poll is made, edits will alter responses
To make edits, it is best to create a new Poll rather than change question content.
Check out our Troubleshooting Widgets article if you encounter any issues.
There are multiple question types to choose from for your Poll. To add a question click any of the Add question links available in the Questions section.
Long text answer
Short text answer
Check out our Troubleshooting FAQs for Feedback Widgets article if you encounter any problems.
Net Promoter, Net Promoter System, Net Promoter Score, NPS and the NPS-related emoticons are registered trademarks of Bain & Company, Inc., Fred Reichheld and Satmetrix Systems, Inc.