A Snapshot is an on-demand report based on a sample of your traffic. Once your Snapshot is complete, you will need to start a new Snapshot for data to continue being collected.
For example, if you were to setup a Recording snapshot of 2,000 Recordings, once you reach 2,000 Recordings, your snapshot is complete.
You can then view your data within the Recordings dashboard. In order to resume Recordings, you will have to start a new Snapshot. No Recordings will be automatically deleted when you start a new Snapshot.
Hotjar uses Snapshots for Heatmaps, Recordings and Form Analysis.
- Heatmaps and Forms - 1,000 visitors per snapshot
- Recordings - 100 visitors per snapshot
- Heatmaps, Recordings and Forms - 2,000 visitors per snapshot
- Recordings and Forms - 5,000 visitors per snapshot
- Heatmaps - 10,000 visitors per snapshot