A snapshot is an on-demand report based on a sample of data. The snapshot size refers to the number of visitors used to generate a particular report.
For example, if you take a Heatmap snapshot of your homepage, a report is generated based on a number of visitors that visited the page right after the snapshot is created. Hotjar only uses snapshots for Heatmaps, Recordings and Form Analysis.
Hotjar BASIC snapshot sizes:
- Heatmaps and Forms - 1,000 visitors per snapshot
- Recordings - 100 visitors per snapshot
Hotjar PLUS snapshot sizes:
- Heatmaps, Recordings and Forms - 2,000 visitors per snapshot
Hotjar BUSINESS snapshot sizes:
- Recordings and Forms - 5,000 visitors per snapshot
- Heatmaps - 10,000 visitors per snapshot