Heatmaps are based on continuous capture by default
For Hotjar Business and Plus plans, Heatmaps are based on continuous capture by default. As we transition to Continuous Heatmaps, you will still have access to manual snapshot-based Heatmaps as well.
For more information, please visit our Continuous Heatmap FAQs.
Broken & Retaking Screenshots
- Why can't I see the red "camera" button to re-take my screenshot?
- Why is my Heatmap screenshot only showing HTML and no CSS?
- Why is my Heatmap showing all white/black or missing elements?
- Why am I seeing a "We weren't able to capture a screenshot" message?
- Why am I not able to see a navigation menu in my Heatmap?
- Why does my Heatmap only show my homepage?
- Why does the Heatmap screenshot only include the top part of my site?
- Why does my Heatmap screenshot look cut off/the wrong size?
- Why does the Heatmap screenshot of my Desktop site have mobile elements in it?
- Why does my Heatmap screenshot show my old site after I've updated my design?
- What if my Heatmap isn't tracking any users?
- What if my Heatmap is tracking users, but not all of them?
- Why aren't clicks being recorded?
- Is my Scroll Heatmap accurate if my page varies in length?
- Why does my Heatmap data seem to be skewed by a large percentage of click/scroll data in an unexpected area?
- How long will it take for my Heatmap snapshot to finish?
- Is my page targeting set up correctly?
Managing Collected Data