Hotjar is not finding my form
If you are trying to add a Form and Hotjar isn't finding it, it could be because of one of the following reasons :
- Your Form is on a page behind a login.
- Your Form is on a session-based page such as a checkout page.
- Your Form is in an iframe. If you are using a third-party Form service which adds the form to your page within an iframe, Hotjar will be unable to detect that Form.
- Your Form elements are not inside a <form> tag.
- Your Form is over multiple pages. We currently only support single page Forms.
- Your Form is on a site that is a single page app (SPA). We currently do not support our Forms feature on SPAs.
- You are not using the exact URL where your Form is located. The URL must be an exact match in order for Hotjar to detect the Form.
- Your Form uses autofill on one or more of the input fields. No actions will be registered as an interaction.
One Form Per Page
Hotjar can only analyze one Form per page. If your page contains multiple Forms, you will need to choose just one to analyze.
I've added a Form but no/incomplete data is being collected
If you've added a Form to Hotjar and see no or missing data being collected after a few hours of visitors interacting with your forms, it might be caused by one of the following reasons:
- The wrong form may have been selected for tracking. This can happen if the page you targeted has multiple Forms and you accidentally picked the wrong one.
- If you've noticed that other tools, such as Google Analytics, report more visits that your Form Report shows, here's an explanation on why Hotjar may not be recording all your visitors: Does Hotjar Record ALL my visitors?
My Form should be working - but it isn't!
If you've checked the lists above and your Form still isn't working, get in touch with us and we're happy to troubleshoot further.
Stay up to date
You can follow our roadmap to stay up to date with improvements to our form analysis tool.