Hotjar is not finding my form.
If you are trying to add a Form and Hotjar isn't finding it, this could be happening because your Form is in a format which we do not yet support. Hotjar will be unable to detect your Form if:
- Your Form is on a page behind a login.
- Your Form is on a session-based page such as a checkout page.
- Your Form is in an iframe. If you are using a third-party Form service which adds the form to your page within an iframe, Hotjar will be unable to detect that Form.
- Your Form elements are not inside a <form> tag.
- Your Form is on a site that is a single page app (SPA). We currently do not support our Forms feature on SPAs.
One Form Per Page
Hotjar can only analyze one Form per page. If your page contains multiple Forms, you will need to choose just one to add to Hotjar.
I've added a Form but no/incomplete data is being collected.
If you have added a Form to Hotjar and activated it but see no / incomplete data being collected after a few hours and after you know for sure that visitors have interacted with your Form, this could be happening due to the following reasons:
- You may have added the wrong form. This can happen if the page you targeted has multiple Forms and you accidentally picked the wrong one.
- If you've noticed that other tools, such as Google Analytics, report more visits that your Form Report shows, here's an explanation on why Hotjar may not be recording all your visitors: Does Hotjar Record ALL my visitors?
My Form should be working - but it isn't!
If you've checked the lists above and your Form still isn't working, get in touch with us below and we'll investigate the issue you're having.
Stay up to date
You can follow our roadmap to stay up to date with improvements to our form analysis tool.