The Filters feature is useful for sorting through large amounts of Visitor Recordings. This allows you to find the precise Recordings you’re interested in viewing without manually searching through a large list of Recordings.
Filter options can be found on the right side of the Recordings page.
Available Filter Options
Filters can be set by selecting Recording attributes such as:
- Date Range – Only show recordings made on a specific day or between two dates.
- Visited Page – Define pages visited that contain particular characters in the URL.
- Landing Page – Show only recordings where the visitor first accessed the site via a specific page.
- Exit Page – Show only recordings for the visitors' last page loaded before leaving the site.
- Tag – Show only recordings with specific tags you created for sorting videos.
- Number of Pages – Show only recordings where the visitor accessed a set number of pages.
- Visit Duration – Show only recordings of visits that lasted within the duration specified.
- Starred – Show only recordings that are either starred or not.
You may also create a filter based on visitor attributes such as User ID, Country, Device, Operating System, and Browser.
Filter options you create will remain set until you change them again. When you're done filtering your Recordings, click Reset at the top of the filters sidebar to clear them.
Filter Example 1
If you wish to view Recordings of visitors from the United Kingdom, select United Kingdom from the Country drop-down menu under Visitor attributes. The Recordings list will now only be populated with Recordings of site visitors accessing your website from the United Kingdom.
Sample screenshot of the result of the country filter showing only visitors from the United Kingdom as indicated by the flag beside the user ID.
Filter Example 2
In addition to the country filter, you can also filter by specific date, a visited page or even Recording duration. The filter options are demonstrated below:
This filter will only show a list of visit Recordings between June 18, 2015 and July 3, 2015 where the visited page URL contains the characters contact and visited your site between 30 seconds and 2 minutes. Recordings that do not meet this criterion will be hidden from the list.