From Friday July 1, 2022 we're moving accounts that were created before April 20, 2022 to our updated pricing model.
Under the updated pricing model, we've grouped Surveys and Feedback into a separate product called Ask that’s priced based on the number of responses you want to collect across Surveys and Feedback. Heatmaps and Recordings will be grouped into a separate product called Observe and will still be priced based on the number of daily sessions.
Both products, Observe and Ask, will have the Basic (free), Plus, Business, and Scale plans available, and the selected plan can be different for each product.
See the Updating our pricing model blog post for all the details on this update.
A session is the period of time that a unique user interacts with pages across your site. A single session will track all of the page views, user behavior, and all the changes to each page between the start and end of the session.
- When does a session start?
- When does a session end?
- How many sessions do I have on my plan?
- What if my site gets more traffic than my daily plan allows?
A session starts when a user lands on a page of your site with the Hotjar tracking code installed. There are some exceptions, such as:
- If you have certain event-based or URL-based targeting rules enabled, the session will begin after a matching event occurs or when a targeted page is visited.
- If a user has Do Not Track enabled in their browser or if their IP address is blocked in Site Settings, Hotjar will not track anything in their session, however, Feedback widgets and Surveys will still appear depending on the widget targeting criteria.
When does a session end?
A session ends when a user takes one of the following actions:
- Closes their browser.
- Closes all tabs with a session on your site.
- Moves to a page on a different site.
- Moves to a page on your site without the Hotjar tracking code installed.
- Moves to a page on your site with a *different* tracking code installed.
- Does not interact with your site for 30 minutes.
- Does not return within 30 seconds.
How many sessions do I have on my plan?
Each Site in your Account has its own daily session rate that is based on the plan that's been chosen for that Site. You can find your current daily session rate by clicking on the traffic coverage widget found on the top right of Hotjar. Inside the traffic coverage widget, you'll find your daily session rate listed next to Coverage on current plan.
If the daily number of user visits (traffic) to your site exceeds the number of sessions in your Hotjar plan, Hotjar will take a sample of your traffic.
To better understand why Hotjar might take sample your site's daily traffic, check out our article: How does sampling work?
Feedback and Surveys are not tied to sessions
Feedback and Surveys are not tied to sessions. If the number of daily visitors to your site exceeds the number of sessions in your plan, Hotjar will sample your traffic and some sessions will not be tracked. Feedback and Surveys, however, are not dependent on sessions and will continue to show on pages they are targeting.