Chrome browser required
Make sure you're using Chrome on a laptop or desktop computer. Other browsers and mobile devices are currently not supported.
In this article, you'll find steps for troubleshooting the following scenarios:
- My camera or microphone is not working
- I have issues sharing my screen
- I'm on a Mac and nothing happens when I click the share screen button
My camera or microphone is not working
Follow these steps in order if you don't see your camera feed or no one can hear you during the call:
Your browser settings might block our site from accessing your camera and/or microphone devices.
- To check and fix this, click the lock icon on the leftmost side of the address bar (Omnibox).
- From the menu that appears, click either the microphone or camera, then from the drop-down menu, select “Allow” or “Block”, and finally close the popup to save your changes.
- Reload the page for the changes to take effect.
Refresh the page.
Closing any other applications or browser tabs that might be using your camera or microphone.
Make sure you have the right devices selected in the Engage session settings.
In some cases, your browser's access to your camera or mic is denied.
- On a Windows PC, navigate to the Privacy settings (Settings > Privacy) on the Camera page.
- Scroll down to the Allow desktop apps to access your camera settings and make sure it's turned on.
- Repeat the steps for the microphone settings located below the Camera tab.
Restart your browser.
Make sure that every tab is closed to fully restart the browser.
If you're still experiencing issues, don't hesitate to contact Support while checking your hardware and cables to make sure everything is connected.
I have issues sharing my screen
Upon clicking the share button during the call, you'll be presented with the browser's pop-up window. You need to select the actual screen or windows you want to share by clicking on it, even if you don't have multiple displays connected.
While sharing your screen, make sure you don't have sensitive information visible to others.
I'm on a Mac and nothing happens when I click the share screen button
You will need permission to share your screen if this is the first time you are sharing your screen on a Mac. Choose the Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Sharing.
It's not possible to have both Screen Sharing and Remote Management on at the same time. If Remote Management is selected, you will have to deselect it first.