You can manually delay the Heatmap by adding a snippet to the end of the URL and taking a custom screenshot to ensure a user does not trigger the Heatmap.
You will need to follow this process on each page you wish to create a delay for:
*It's important you don't skip any of these steps*
- Create a Heatmap like you normally would.
- Under "Advanced Options", you will set a custom screenshot URL.
- You'll put the same URL that you put at the top of the page here, except you'll add: ?hjDelay=10000 (so, if you were doing http:www.example.com/ your custom screenshot URL would be http://www.example.com/?hjDelay=10000 )
- Create the Heatmap.
- Wait 5 minutes.
- Then visit the custom screenshot URL on your computer. You'll have 10 seconds after the site begins loading to scroll to the bottom of the page and make sure all content is visible.
- Repeat step 6 again for mobile and tablet (the easiest way to do this would be through the DevTools in Chrome)