After you start receiving responses to your Survey, Hotjar provides multiple ways to view and filter the data you've collected.
Surveys include the following filters for both the Responses and Results views:
- Date: View responses based on the date they were submitted. By default, this filter is set to the last 30 days.
- Keyword: View responses based on complete word or number values. It's important to remember that partial word searches will not return results.
- Page URL: View responses based on the page the user was on when the response was submitted. (Note: for External Link Surveys, the Page URL will reflect the Hotjar Survey URL, not the page where the user was invited to take the Survey)
- Device: View responses based on the device used. (Ex: Desktop, Tablet, Phone)
- Survey Completion: View only "Complete" or "Incomplete" responses. A "Complete response" means that the visitor reached the Thank You page of the Survey, however, it's still possible that questions were left unanswered if they were optional and had a "skip" option.
* Example of an expanded Date filter is shown above
By default, you'll see the Responses tab open first. This tab has all the responses listed in chronological order. You'll also have the option to show/hide certain data columns, view these responses in full-screen, download them as an editable file, and forward responses to email or Slack (Business feature):
Don't make changes to your Survey answers if it has already collected responses!
Changing your Survey answers after responses have been collected may skew the total respondents count in the Results section of the Survey. To prevent this, we recommend copying the Survey when making edits, and activate the new Survey when finished.
For a more graphic representation of your data, you can click on the Results tab:
This will enable you to see all responses represented in either a word cloud or graph format:
Word cloud format