Segments are available on Observe , or plans.
Segments are available on Observe or plans.
Segments are a collection of session filters that can be saved for reuse, enabling you to quickly and repeatedly access your most relevant set of filters.
Finding and using Segments
Segments appear above session filters. You'll find several predefined Segments already available. You can add to this predefined Segments list by creating your own Segments, as shown in the Creating and editing Segments section below. Clicking on a segment will apply the collection of session filters to your data.
You can use segments to trigger automated Slack messages when Hotjar captures a recording that matches the criteria.
A description for each of the predefined Segments is listed below. The All sessions segment is available and visible for all Hotjar Observe plans.
- All sessions: shows all recordings collected in the last 30 days.
- Direct traffic: shows all sessions without a specific traffic channel assigned.
- Error occurred (available for Observe Scale): shows all recordings where a console error happened during the session.
- Mobile users: ignores sessions from desktop and tablet devices, focusing on the mobile experience for the past 30 days.
- New users: shows all sessions from users who have not been tracked by Hotjar in the past year.
- Organic traffic: shows all recordings where Referrer URL indicates traffic from search engines.
- Paid traffic: shows all recordings where the utm_medium parameter indicates paid campaigns.
- Rage clicked: shows all recordings where a rage click happened at least once during the session.
- Returning users: shows all recordings from users who have been tracked by Hotjar at least once in the past year.
Creating and editing Segments
As soon as you start applying more than one filter to your Recordings list, you’ll notice the Save button appear. Clicking Save enables you to choose a name that describes the filter collection you've applied and add your custom segment to the Segments list. Each segment must have a unique name.
If you want to rename an existing segment, open the three-dot menu and click Edit segment. Enter a new name and click Save.
Open the three-dot menu next to the segment you'd like to delete.
Click Delete segment.
Click Yes, delete segment to confirm. Deleting a Segment can't be undone.