The Playback List is the landing page for the Recordings section of your dashboard, accessible from the left-hand menu Recordings tab. Collected recordings from your visitors will be available to view here.
The Playback List presents your insights through a range of data types about each Recording—information like the User ID, the Date/Time stamp, and even the browsers used. These data types can be customised and are sortable.
Sorting the Playback List
You can sort the Playback List against any active data type in your view. Click on the column label for the data type you wish to sort by.
The data type which you are currently sorting is shown by an “up” or “down” icon: ˅ ˄. The icon informs the direction of the sort, either ascending or descending order.
The data types in views can be customized
If a data type is not showing, this is because it has been switched off in the customization widget. Check to see that the field you’re interested in is activated.
Playback List Filters
The Playback List can show a range of data type fields about each recording. These are:
- Recording Index: all Recordings are sequentially numbered with a unique identifier
- User: the Hotjar User ID for the visitor
- Landing & Exit Pages: the URLs for the pages where the Recording started and ended
- Recording Duration: the length of the Recording
- Browser: the browser used for the session, e.g. Chrome, Firefox. Version numbers are not available in this view.
- Recording Date: the date and time stamp for the Recording
- Favorited: whether or not the Recording has been marked as a favorite (liked, or starred)—favorites are logged on a per-user basis, not a per-site basis
- Referrer URL: the URL of the page the user was on immediately before the Recording began if such data was passed to Hotjar through the HTTP headers—where no data is passed, there is no Referrer URL
- Total Pages: the total number of URLs visited during the Recording
- Device: the device type and size of the browser window
- Operating System: the operating system used for the sessions, e.g. Windows, macOS. Version numbers are not available in this view.
Referrer URLs are available on our Business plans
For more information on what all the Business plan offers, take a look at Hotjar Plans.
Some data types provide more information in a tooltip from within the Playback List. To activate a tooltip, hover over the data entry.