We want you to be happy with Hotjar and love your plan. Our plans are made to be flexible which means you can upgrade or downgrade at any time. If you're ever in need of a refund, reach out to us and we'll gladly help you find a solution.
We'll offer you a full refund if:
- You're within the first 30 days of your paid subscription.
- Hotjar is incompatible with your platform or you're unable to use Hotjar the way you intended.
- You've accidentally upgraded the wrong Site - no worries, it happens!
- You've been unintentionally charged immediately after your trial has ended.
- The incorrect credit card was charged.
We'll offer you a partial refund if:
- Your Account Owner left and you're still being charged.
- Your Account has changed pricing structures from Billing Version 1 to Billing Version 2 because all your subscriptions were canceled for 30 days or longer. You can read more about this in our Billing Versions article.
- Your VAT number wasn't added to your Account and you were charged VAT. After adding your VAT number, we can refund this if you let us know about it in the same quarter as the mistaken charge. We're unable to change the invoice created, however, we can issue a credit note for the VAT charge refunded.
- Quarter 1: January 1 to March 31
- Quarter 2: April 1 to June 30
- Quarter 3: July 1 to September 30
- Quarter 4: October 1 to December 31
All refund requests are reviewed by our team. If you have any questions or don't see your situation listed above, you can always get in contact with the Support team.