This feature is only available on our Plus and Business plan.
To learn more about everything our Plus and Business plan has to offer, head to Hotjar Plans for more information.
Hotjar allows you to trigger Heatmaps, Recordings, and Feedback tools by event, instead of page targeting rules. This is useful if you want to trigger one of these tools on an event such as a button click.
- A/B testing, when the URL is the same for both variations
- Capturing Heatmaps of modals
- Capturing specific states of your single-page web application
- When you only want to Record users after they have logged in
Some examples of when triggering Feedback tools is useful are:
- For requesting additional feedback after upvoting or downvoting an article
- Collecting feedback from users who interact with a fake door test