From November 9th, 2020 we will begin upgrading Billing Version 1 (V1) Accounts to our latest billing version.
For these customers, your subscribed plan will shift from the Organization-level to the Site-level. Plans and prices will apply per-Site and a Legacy Discount will be added to your current sites as part of a loyalty arrangement from this official migration. With this Legacy Discount, the total price you’re paying before the migration will remain the same unless you make changes to your plans.
- What new features will I have access to?
- Why are you migrating V1 customers?
- How has my billing structure changed and what is Site-based pricing?
- How does my discount work?
- What happens to my discount if I downgrade my plan?
- How will this impact my agency account?
What new features will I have access to?
On our latest billing version, you’ll have access to:
- The ability to pass custom User Attributes into Hotjar (requires a Business plan)
- The option to pay in-app for yearly plans and receive a discount
- Advanced filtering options for your Recordings and Incoming Feedback tools to hone in on your most important insights (advanced filters available on our Business plan)
- Continuous Capture in Recordings (Plus or Business Plan required)
- Optimizely and Slack integrations (requires a Business plan)
- Any future feature updates we roll out.
Why are you migrating V1 customers?
Maintaining two separate billing versions is confusing for our customers and adds a lot of complexity for our team. With the many major changes happening over the coming months at Hotjar, supporting two separate billing versions has become unsustainable. Without this migration, customers on V1 would also miss out on the much-improved experience that these changes bring.
How has my billing structure changed and what is Site-based pricing?
On V1, plans and pricing applied to each Organization inside your Account. On our latest billing version, the subscription applies at the Site-level, with each Site in your Account having its own, separate plan.
How does my discount work?
As part of the loyalty arrangements from this official migration, we will apply a Legacy Discount to each site on your account to keep your current monthly bill the same.
Please bear in mind that any new sites added to your account in the future will now require a new plan. The Legacy Discount applies to the specific Site and isn’t transferable to a new or different site on the account.
What happens to my discount if I downgrade my plan?
Sites will continue to receive a Legacy Discount as long as they remain on a paid plan. If your plan is downgraded to our Basic free plan for any reason, and upgraded again at a later date, the Legacy Discount will no longer be applied.
I'm an agency, how will this impact my account?
If you were on a V1 agency account receiving a discount, we will include this into your Legacy Discount so the total amount you were paying will remain the same. Any new site added to your agency account will require its own plan.