As of December 2020, all Billing Version 1 (V1) Accounts were upgraded to our latest billing version.
For these customers, subscribed plans shifted from Organization-level to the Site-level. Plans and prices now apply per-Site and a Legacy Discount was added to your current sites as part of a loyalty arrangement from this official migration. With this Legacy Discount, the total price you paid before the migration remains the same unless you make changes to your plans.
- What new features do I have access to?
- Why were V1 Customers migrated?
- How has my billing structure changed and what is Site-based pricing?
- How does my discount work?
- What happens to my discount if I downgrade my plan?
- How does this impact my agency account?
What new features do I have access to?
On our latest billing version, you have access to:
- The ability to pass custom User Attributes into Hotjar (requires a Business plan)
- The option to pay in-app for yearly plans and receive a discount
- Advanced filtering options for your Recordings and Incoming Feedback tools to hone in on your most important insights (advanced filters available on our Business plan)
- Continuous Capture in Recordings
- Optimizely and Slack integrations (requires a Business plan)
- Any future feature updates we roll out.
Why were V1 customers migrated??
Maintaining two separate billing versions was confusing for our customers and added a lot of complexity for our team. With the many major changes we continue to make to improve the Hotjar experience, supporting two separate billing versions became unsustainable. Without this migration, customers on V1 would miss out on the much-improved experience that these changes bring.
How has my billing structure changed and what is Site-based pricing?
On V1, plans and pricing applied to each Organization inside your Account. On our latest billing version, the subscription applies at the Site-level, with each Site in your Account having its own, separate plan.
How does my discount work?
As part of the loyalty arrangements from this official migration, we applied a Legacy Discount to each site on your account to keep your current monthly bill the same.
Please bear in mind that any new sites added to your account in the future will now require a new plan. The Legacy Discount applies to the specific Site and isn’t transferable to a new or different site on the account.
What happens to my discount if I downgrade my plan?
If your plan is downgraded for any reason and upgraded again at a later date, the Legacy Discount will no longer be applied.
I'm an agency, how does this impact my account?
If you were on a V1 agency account receiving a discount, we included this into the Legacy Discount so the total amount you were paying remains the same. Any new site added to your agency account will require its own plan.