From 14 September 2020, we’ll begin updating Billing Version 1 (V1) Accounts that contain a single Site to Billing Version 2 (V2). This update is part of an ongoing V1 to V2 migration occurring throughout this year. To work out if you have a V1 Account, visit our article on How to Identify your Billing Version.
For these customers, your subscribed plan will shift from the Organization-level to the Site-level. Plans and prices will apply per-Site and with only one Site in your Account, the total price you’re paying right now will remain the same. Each Site added to your Account will have their own subscribed plan that you can upgrade and downgrade for that specific Site.
- What new features will I have access to on V2?
- Why are you migrating V1 customers to V2?
- How has my billing structure changed and what is Site-based pricing?
What new features will I have access to on V2?
On V2, you’ll have access to:
- The ability to pass custom User Attributes into Hotjar (requires a Business plan)
- The Data Collection Graph - so you always have a clear and accurate overview of your daily site traffic in relation to your Hotjar plan
- The option to pay in-app for yearly plans and receive a discount
- Advanced filtering options for your Recordings and Incoming Feedback tools to hone in on your most important insights (advanced filters available on our Business plan)
- Continuous Capture in Recordings and Heatmaps (requires a Business plan)
- Optimizely and Slack integrations (requires a Business plan)
- Any future feature updates we roll out. You can check out our Product Roadmap to see what we have on the schedule.
Why are you migrating V1 customers to V2?
Maintaining two separate billing versions is confusing for our customers and adds a lot of complexity for our team. With the many major changes happening over the coming months at Hotjar, supporting two separate billing versions has become unsustainable. Without this migration, customers on V1 would also miss out on the much-improved experience that these changes bring.
How has my billing structure changed and what is Site-based pricing?
On V1, plans and pricing applied to each Organization inside your Account. With V2, the subscription applies at the Site-level, with each Site in your Account having its own, separate plan.