Updated: 13th November 2018
This roadmap highlights the features & improvements planned for Hotjar. Priorities can change as we face new challenges.
At Hotjar we are committed to executing iterative and rapid improvements based on our vision of Hotjar and feedback from our users and customers. Don't hesitate to contact us or add your ideas to our Suggest a Feature tool.
Product updates coming soon:
- Improved Billing
We’re introducing a new payment method in insights for our yearly business plans. Users on these plans will be able to generate estimates (quotes), invoices and then pay for their Hotjar subscription via bank transfer.
- Frustration filters for recordings - rage clicks and u-turns
We’ll help you discover when and where users became frustrated whilst on your site - either by rage clicking or turning back on themselves (u-turns.)
- Create and save segments of recordings
If you filter down to an interesting set of recordings we’ll soon let you save that filter as a segment so you can quickly revisit it later.
- Filter recordings to see visitors who DID NOT do something
We’re improving our recordings filters to let you see visitors who don’t match a filter criteria - for example those who do not reach a thank you page.
- Filter Recordings by UTM Parameters
We're making it easier to filter recordings by UTM parameters so you can see where your visitors arrived at your site from and better understand their experience.
- Wordpress Plugin
We’re working on introducing a Hotjar Wordpress plugin to make it easier to add Hotjar on Wordpress sites.
Completed Projects & Improvements
- Allow In-App Yearly Payments
- Download Heatmap Click, Move, Scroll data
- View Heatmap Click, Move, Scroll data in-app
- Included scroll % in Heatmap Downloads
- Allow multiple Emails for Incoming Feedback
- Description field and 'created by' user added to the list view
- Allow users to suppress country information, images, as well as numbers and text
- Support for CSS Hover Pseudo-selectors in Recordings
- New Poll & Survey Question Types
- New Languages for Consent Messages in Feedback Widgets
- Capturing Insert Styles from InsertRule() for Recordings
- Support for div scroll and horizontal scrolling in Recordings
- Bulk Deletion and Quick Rewind in Recordings
- Additional Emoticon Sets for Incoming Feedback
- Sorting Invoices by Date
- Granting Consent for Feedback tools
- Withdrawing Consent for Feedback tools
- Simple Match ignores CAPS and /
- Visitor Look Up
- Allow addition of staging sites via IP when signing up to Hotjar
- Sampling rate visualization
- Suppression layer for e-mails and numbers text
- Improved processing of Recordings and Heatmaps
- Storage of CSS files for recordings.
- Recordings now load over HTTPS when the original session was also on HTTPS.
Suppression of all keystroke data.
- Support for WiX websites.
- Improved experience for Incoming Feedback widgets.
- Incoming Feedback out of beta.
- Optimizely integration for recordings.
- Segment integration.
- Official support for Single Page Apps.
- Incoming Feedback Beta.
- Incoming Feedback waiting list.
- New improved sign-up process.
- Interface improvements.
- Ability to change the owner of an account.
- Improvement of Poll Creation / Editing screens.
- Integration with Google Tag Manager.
- Event Triggers for Heatmaps and Recordings.
- Question bank for Polls.
- Question logic for Polls.
- Improved the Recording Player with shortcuts and auto-play functionality.
- Support for American Express.
- Exclude / does not contain in page targeting for feedback tools.
- Optimize Hotjar script for speed and deliverability (Phase 2 of 3).
- Daily feedback notification emails and snapshot notification settings.
- Hubspot Integration (Polls).
- Improve Recordings player usability (next, previous, autocycle, user actions, etc).
- New onboarding flow for new users.
- Add comments to recordings within the Hotjar interface.
- Server–Side listing and sorting of recordings.
- Event Triggers in Polls, Surveys and Recruiters.
- More advanced targeting for Polls and Surveys.
- Support sub / cross domain tracking.
- Support cross domain tracking for page targeting.
- Improve Recordings player performance and stability.
- iframe support for Heatmaps and basic support for Recordings.
- Ability to 'pre-filter' recordings in Visitor Playback.
- Support for Heatmap creation on dynamic (session based) and password protected pages.
- Ability to delete responses.
- Ability to see Visitor Recordings for converting sessions in funnels.
- Referral Program.
- Ability to add tags to recordings.
- Manually hide elements in Heatmap screenshots.
- Add the ability to do multiple questions in feedback polls.
- Ability to see session recordings from links within Conversion Funnels.
- Update Visitor Playback to support dynamic pages, AJAX driven pages and password protected pages.
- Release Form Abandonment.
- Add overlay Click data to heatmaps.
- Improve menu navigation and access to settings.
- Ability to delete bulk / all visitor recordings.
- Optimize Hotjar script for speed and deliverability (Phase 1 of 3).
- Improve URL field input, add support for query strings and introduce regex.
- Release support for organisations and sharing between organisation users and sites.
- Ability to share visitor recordings publicly.
- Regex and Query string support in Funnels.
- Add word cloud to Polls.
- Localize visitor facing strings in polls and surveys.
- Allow surveys to be triggered on site pages.
- Add new question types to polls and surveys.