Admins can exclude visitors by IP address, such as people in your office, from the following:
- Recordings - no sessions are recorded.
- Heatmaps - visitors on the list will not have their activity included on the Heatmap.
- Forms - visitors will not be counted in Form report statistics.
Only IPv4 addresses can be entered at this time
We are unable to support IPv6 or dynamic IP addresses.
Within the Settings menu, go to IP Blocking.
Add a Name for the IP address, and enter the IP in the IP or IP REGEX field.
IPs can be added in the following format:
- Simple: A single IP (IPv4) address, such as 192.168.0.1. We do not support IPv6.
- Regular Expression: The field allows you to add a Regular Expression value to target multiple IPs, such as ranges. Learn more about How to Use Regular Expressions to Block Multiple IPs.
Click Add IP.
The IP addresses added into IP Blocking should stop collecting data for Recordings, Heatmaps, and Forms immediately.
What about Dynamic IP addresses?
Hotjar currently cannot block dynamic IP addresses. Instead, you can prevent Hotjar from collecting data by opting-out or enabling Do Not Track for useryou wish to block. Visit our Opt-out/Do Not Track page for more information.
To protect visitor privacy, Hotjar does not display IP addresses under any circumstances.
We're fully committed to compliance with the GDPR and have a dedicated resource that can be found here.